NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING HEARING
PARISH OF NATCHITOCHES IN THE REGULAR BOARD ROOM, RM 211
Monday, October 21, 2019
A G E N D A
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Invited guests, and special presentations
- Reports of Department Heads:
Public Works Director- Mr. John Richmond
OCS/Head Start Executive Director- Ms. Sharon Harris
Parish Treasurer- Ms. Julie Lockhart
Interim Director Planning and Zoning-Mr. David Kees, Jr.
- Parish President-Mr. Rick Nowlin
- Adopt the minutes of the regular meeting of the
Natchitoches Parish Council held Monday, September 16,2019.
- Appointments of Boards and Commissions.
Consider adopting a resolution confirming re- appointment/appointments to the following boards/commissions.
- Council to consider the re-appointment of Ms. Jill Cox to Natchitoches Parish Planning Commission.
- Council to consider the appointment of Ms. Beverly Hodgson-Thoman to replace Henry Kinberger on the Natchitoches Parish Planning Commission.
- Council to consider the re-appointment of Mr. Mike Dawson to the Natchitoches Fire District #6 Board.
October 21, 2019 Page 2.
- Council to consider approving the appointment of Ms. Amanda Fournier to replace Mr. Danny Clark on the Natchitoches Fire District #6 Board.
- Council to consider approving the appointment of Mr. Jesse Rachal to replace Terry Rowell on the Natchitoches Fire District #2 Board.
- First Adoption of proposed Ordinances:
- Council to consider introducing Ordinance 016-2019 to remove part of the Little River Road #706.
- Council to approve the Introduction of Ordinance #017-2019 a budget for the fiscal year beginning January 1, 2020 and ending December 31, 2020 and making
appropriations for each Department, Project, and Account.
Public Hearings: None
Action on Proposed Ordinances: None
- Council to adopt Proclamation to proclaim the month of October as Dysautonomia Awareness Month throughout Natchitoches Parish.
- Council to adopt Resolution 031-2019 authorizing the acceptance by the Parish of Natchitoches of a donation by Total Environmental Systems, Inc. of the Payne Sewer System to the Parish and authorizing the Parish President to execute all documents in connection therewith, upon the advice of the District Attorney.
- Council to adopt Resolution 033-2019 authorizing the transfer of the title to property identified as the Breda Head Start Center to Save The Children, and to authorize the Parish President to execute the Bill of Sale and any other documents required to effect the sale, as approved by the Office of the District Attorney.”
October 21, 2019 Page 3.
- Council to consider Resolution 034-2019 award of low proposal for Resurfacing of Streets in Payne Subdivision Phase 1A to Regional Construction, LLC.
- Council to consider Resolution 035-2019 authorizing the Parish President to submit applications for Capital Outlay projects.
- Other Agenda Items:
- Council to consider selection of projects and submission of applications for CWEF and LGAP funding by the State of
- Council to consider authorizing the Parish Treasurer to seek sealed bid proposals for materials and supplies for the Parish Highway and Solid Waste Departments.
- Council to consider authorizing the Parish Treasurer to seek quotes for Insurances for the Parish including but not limited to Health, Supplemental Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Worker’s Compensation, auto, inland marine, cyber security, property, and Public Officials liability.
- Visitors for Non-Agenda Items. (3 minutes)
- Mr. Andy Freeman: Chestnut/Reidheimer Water System.
- 13. Executive Session:
The Parish Council to hold an executive session in accordance with LSA-R.S. 42:17(A)(2) to conduct strategy sessions with respect to prospective litigation after formal written demand or litigation to discuss the litigating position of Natchitoches Parish Government in the matters of McMurtry v. Natchitoches Parish Government, et and Lynda Vance v. Natchitoches Parish.